Friday, January 28, 2011

Starting "Screen Sharing" vnc connection from the command line (Mac OS X)

   Big shout out to Bob237 for the answer to this question.

   I wanted to make it easy to start a vnc session with the new Xen machines I had created.  However, I was having a problem that when I invoked:

open vnc://1.2.3.4:5901 

and entered my password the Screen Sharing window would go white.

   Apparently if you want to start a Screen Sharing session from the command line (Mac OS X) you must first open 'Finder' and browse to /Applications (or /System/Library/CoreServices), right click on Screen Sharing.app and check the box that says "Open in 32-bit mode".

   That's it.  The next time you run the the open vnc command you should have no problems.

Link:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2414203&tstart=135

No comments:

Post a Comment